Being positive means seeing both sides, the pros and cons, the positive and negative, the good and bad... But you choose to focus on the bright side of life. Being positive is not about pretending our life is perfect or that everything is wonderful in the world, it's about not being ruled by our problems. A positive individual chooses to make the best of a situation, chooses to be happy and focuses on finding the good in life.
We all experience difficult times and it's easy to fall into a pattern of negative thinking. But it doesn't have to define you. You can breakthrough that mindset. It's just a habit and bad habits can be replaced by good habits. Becoming a more positive person is within reach, it's just a matter of changing your mind.
30 Ways To Be More Positive In 30 Days
1. Live in the present. Regretting the past or worrying about the future can make you unhappy. Live in the now. Live in this moment. Be present.
2. Love yourself and all your perfect imperfections, you're the only YOU there will ever be.
3. Embrace your unique look, style and quirkiness. Appreciate all the things that make you different!
4. Spend time in places that make you feel alive and grounded. Turn off your smartphone, TV, computer and tune in to nature. Social media is amazing for inspiration and connecting with friends who live far away. But limit time spent on social media so you can be present in your world as well. Don't miss out on living in the moment because you were trying to take the perfect selfie of you living in the moment.
5. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you find yourself bothered or stressed by something or someone ask yourself, "Will it matter 5 years from now?"
6. Organize your priorities in life. Ask yourself, "What do you value?"
7. We can't control how others treat us but we can control how we react. Always choose the healthiest most positive way to react. Sometimes that means no reaction at all or simply wish the person peace and happiness and move on. Avoid toxic people or those who instigate drama. Life is too short, reserve your time for the people that genuinely care about you, friends, family, loved-ones.
8. Show others you care about them.
9. Make a list of all the good things you have going in your life.
10. Set Goals. Write them down, be specific and take action to move towards those goals.
11. Clear the clutter. Make your living space and your mind a clutter-free zone.
12. Mistakes are a part of life. Don't let fear of making a 'mistake' or 'doing it wrong' hold you back from experiencing life and learning new things. Keep your cool when mistakes happen. Mistakes help us learn and improve in life. Mistakes are opportunities to learn how to deal with challenges on your way to success.
13. Meditate, set aside personal time for peaceful rebalancing and clearing the mind.
14. Get motivated. Let your passions guide you.
15. Realize confidence and happiness shine brighter than any imperfections ever will.
16. Avoid comparing yourself to others. We all grow at our own pace.
17. Give your internal dialogue a makeover. If you bombard yourself with self-doubt, negative thoughts, or you feel inferior or inadequate at times. It's time to free yourself from those debilitating thoughts. Start feeding your mind healthy, positive affirmations everyday. Just as your body requires healthy nourishing food to thrive, so does the mind.
18. Focus on the positive. Positive thoughts bring positive results. Make a conscious effort to think positive and soon it'll become second nature.
19. Care for animals and plants. They can brighten your day, make you laugh and smile.
20. Do something you love everyday.
21. Attitude makes the difference. Having a positive attitude is an attractive quality and makes other people around you feel good as well. Choose to be happy, get excited about life, even the little things.
22. Be slow to anger and quick to forgiveness. Have tolerance, patience and understanding. Try to see things from the other persons perspective. Communicate when you are calm to avoid escalating an issue. Visualize the desired outcome before dealing with an issue. Communicate with intention of finding the solution, rather than assigning blame.
23. Look for things you like about people and compliment them. It'll brighten their day and yours.
24. Increase your productivity. Take on one task at a time, then move on to the next. Multitasking with too much on your plate can actually make you less productive and more stressed.
25. Create a positive environment for your senses. Use colors and aromatherapy that promote a sense of wellbeing. Your home is a personal space, it should connect with you on a personal level, rather than the latest trends. Colors promote emotions, they can be uplifting and energizing, or promote relaxation, calm and clarity. Choose colors that fit your individual needs.
26. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated improves your mood and keeps your body balanced.
27. Exercise daily, even a 5-10 minute workout can boost your mood and energy in a big way.
28. Be grateful for what you have and all the things you don't have.
29. Associate with other like-minded positive individuals who inspire and motivate you.
30. You are what you eat. Eat a healthy vibrant glowing diet. Provide the mood-boosting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that your body needs everyday.
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.
Have a fantastic week everyone!